Welcome to the Fiji Medical Association Website!
The Fiji Medical Association is a professional association established under the Medical and Dental Practitioner Act of 1978.
We are located at 304 Waimanu Road, which is the Old Children's Hospital directly opposite the St. John's Ambulance.
For further information please surf through the site or email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Can FMA Offer?
- FMA is your support and your proffessional family.
- FMA is recognized by the Public Service Commisssion (PSC) as the collective voice of doctors in the civil service.
- FMA has a considerable role in the administration of the medical proffesion, (within the guidelines of the ACT), and appoints 3 of the 7 members of the Fiji Medical Council.
- FMA is represented on all the various advisory bodies which deal with health issues:NACA, NCD Taskforce,Mental Health Services Planning, National Research Ethics Committee, FSM Council, Tobacco Act Monitoring Taskforce, etc.
- FMA is included with other NGO's in such bodies as the Summit Working Groups monitoring the national Development Plans implementation.
*Note: FMA is NOT a Trade Union and does not have collective bargaining powers as Unions do.